The purpose of the SHARE Peer Program is to:
- Plan activities, programs, and events to raise awareness on campus about sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic/dating violence, and stalking
- Facilitate evidence-based primary prevention workshops (e.g. bystander intervention, healthy relationship education)
- Facilitate access to confidential resources
- Serve as the liaisons between the student body and the SHARE office to convey concerns, needs, or issues pertaining to sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic/dating violence, and stalking
Types of Membership
Each Full Member will serve as spokespersons, student mentors, and referral agents for the SHARE office. Supervised by SHARE staff, the SHARE Peers provide workshops and programming to empower students with healthy relationship skills and to promote active bystander behavior.
Undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at Princeton University who are interested in becoming a SHARE peer must:
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 GPA
- Have a clear judicial history with no sanctions of probation or higher
- Attend weekly meetings (day and time are designated by the group each semester)
- Participate in the planning and implementation of Domestic Violence (October) and Sexual Assault Awareness Month (April) events/programs/activities
- Serve as a resource to residential college zee groups
- Attend trainings: 3 days during freshmen orientation
- Provide student support by staffing the UMatter bus for one shift on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night per semester
Applying to Be a Peer
Undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in applying must:
- Submit an application (NOTE: Application link is only active for approximately 3 weeks during the application-acceptance period in the spring semester. If the link is inactive, be sure to check back in at a later date.)
- Attend the group interview
- Meet with SHARE staff for a 1-on-1 interview
Are you unable to make that kind of commitment but still interested in being involved with SHARE? Check out the Associate Member page for more details on how to apply to be an AM.
Equal Opportunity Organization
The SHARE Peer Program does not discriminate any applicant based upon age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, parental status, physical appearance, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.